Thursday, February 19, 2009

Chandelier Soldered Box Charm






I have been wanting to do a Box Charm with Beveled glass on both sides for a long time, but have been busy with custom and wholesale orders, so kept putting the idea on the back burner. I just got a new wholesale customer in Georgia, who ordered 39 initial charms. She wanted the flat glass to keep the price down for her customers and wanted a variety of initial charms with the other side in chandeliers, fleur de lis, Eiffel towers and crowns. As I started creating her order, I decided to do the double beveled charms I had been wanting to do at the same time.

When you put them side by side, I can't believe how much nicer the Beveled glass charms look, compared to the flat glass (the Zebra background charm is the one without beveled glass in the pictures). The Beveled glass charms have so much substance, depth and shine. I am excited to offer these in my shop. I really like the way the beveled glass on both sides gives the charm a emerald cut diamond shape, very rich looking!

I am also in the process of writing an e-book on soldered charms, with ideas and pictures and complete instructions, with lots of helpful hints on the creation of soldered charms. I then plan to write a second ebook just on box soldered charms. They are a lot of fun to create and the creativity is limitless. I will be selling them in my etsy store when they are done.

To check out my charms for sale, go to the link on the right to my Bchic Designs Etsy Store and don't forget to check out my "New" Shabby Chic Home Store on Etsy!

1 comment:

Art Of The Craft Studios said...

WOW! Louie what is that now like 6 wholesale accounts? Look at how blessed you are- in this economy you are just flourishing! God had heard our prayers girl! Wish we were closer I'd bring the sparkling apple cider to toast...hey, you're the one rolling in dough now you can buy the champagne! LMBO

Love ya!

Gioncarla