Thursday, December 4, 2008

Change of Direction!





Every once in a while, life circumstances force us or encourage us at the very least, to make course direction changes. I have undergone a major course change in the last few months. I have worked hard to build a business with my children's clothing designs on Ebay. Circumstances that took place forced me to re-evaluate my business and upon doing so I have made a major course change that has proved to be a fantastic redirection for me.
I Decided to leave Ebay, the hassles, the group drama, the high fees, etc. and to concentrate on building my Etsy business. I had only listed a few items in my etsy store in the past and had made a half hearted effort at success there. My main focus was my ebay business. I had sold a few things on etsy and considered it a little extra, on the side, that added volume in sales to my ebay profits. Boy, talk about misdirection! Once I decided to leave ebay and work diligently and consistently on my etsy store, business began to boom! I am finally making a REAL profit, not creating for exercise and everyone Else's benefit.
Not only did I change direction from ebay to etsy, but I focused on a completely new product, Soldered Charm. I find I enjoy creating them, never tire of producing them and don't even mind recreating the same ones over and over. (These were all the things I dislike while sewing custom children's clothing). Another benefit is I don't need a lot of supplies and my profit margin is FANTASTIC!
I have not posted in my blog for quite a while. I feel blogging started with the whole ebay experience and the problems I encountered with that whole experience left me sour and wanting to shy away from anything related to it. I have finally separated the ebay experience with my blog and am back to my happy, selfconfident, trusting and busy entrepreneur and I am loving every minute of it.
Here is a peak at some of my charms. They are listed in my etsy shop, so to view what I have been busy doing, just click on my etsy link to the right and it will take you to me store.

1 comment:

Art Of The Craft Studios said...

Welcome back to blog land! I'm sure you will find as I have a wonderful audience awaits you that is far away from the crap we experienced with snotty ebay groups! LOL
I'm so proud of you and so glad to call you friend!

HUGS!!!
Gioncarla